Sunday, August 2, 2009

Email to Family

Hi all,

This is Spencer.

You may have already heard through the grapevine about my mission call, but I wanted to tell all of you about it personally:

On Wednesday, July 29, I received and opened my mission call. The call is to the Taiwan Taichung Mission, and I report on November 11, 2009. This mission comprises the same area my mom served her mission (though it had a different name at the time) and is the same area that I lived while I was on my foreign exchange there. I'm very excited to go!

It's interesting how the Lord directs our lives huh? I thought my previous time in Taiwan was just a fun experience to look back on, but now with the perspective the mission call brings, I can see that God was preparing me to serve the people there. I have an understanding of the culture, I love the food, and I have a basic language-foundation to build on. What a blessing!

I'll keep all of you posted about the farewell date, addresses, etc.

Thank you for your love and support.

No comments: