Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Earthquake and 3 Baptisms

Yes there was an earthquake this week; there were actually two, and one was pretty big. But don't worry. It's funny because my desk isn't very stable, and during earthquakes, it goes back and forth. That's one of the way I could tell the quake was still going on. Sometimes when I write, my desk also shakes back and forth, so now I get paranoid. It is distracting to personal study to stop every time the desk wiggles to see if an earthquake is happening.

Last week Zheng Xing was baptized. He got his parents permission. I was asked to baptize him. THat was a neat experience.

This week we had 2 more baptisms. Zhou Huang got baptized. His wife came. She is also interested in the gospel. Zong Yi also got baptized. His is only 17 years old and has been golden from the start. He is our investigator that has read so much of the Book of Mormon.

We had Combined District Training Meeting this last week. President Hoer gave a talk, and the zone leaders did a training on lesson plans. Afterwards President Hoer interviewed all the missionaries. He asked me what were the 3 things that make our mission so successful. One of the things I said was "We keep our lines in the water ALL THE TIME" This is from a quote by Elder Oakes in "Preach My Gospel" It means we are talking to people ALL DAY! We talk to car windows, people on scooters, and if no one is at the intersection, we talk to someone through a screen door, or across the street.

My mission will be the best two years of my life. I have no doubt. The best part about it, is it is hard.

I love you all. The church is true.

No comments: