Monday, November 15, 2010

A Week in the Life of a Missionary (posted by mom)

This morning we rode our bikes to the very north of our area. It was about a 1 hour bike ride. There is a long red bridge there. Elder Gillespie and I had personal study out on a peninsula in the river. It was quite a sight, a good time to ponder and reflect.


I guess the biggest news this week is I did my first baptismal interview. Also, because our English class can no longer meet at the church we are holding our class in a company's second floor. It's kind of like the school of prophets... In an upper room...

Another exciting things is Brother Lin randomly called me up on Sunday and said he wanted to come to church. I love this guy, he had passed his baptismal interview awhile ago and then came across some commandment problems, and went missing. It was good to see him at church and we really want to help him start progressing again. The other Brother Lin has been out of town so we didn't get the opportunity to teach him this week.

Elder Gillespie ran into a guy the other day who was so touched by our missionary spirit and hard work that he wrote a blog article about it...I thought that was cool. He met with us and we are working with him. We need to help him overcome the problem of work on Sunday.


Move call is this next Monday. This is the first time I haven't been excited about it. I love this area, the people, and my companion.

Zone Conference this past Thursday was about setting goals and making plans. I feel that this is super important.

Elder Harris