Monday, November 8, 2010

What is the difference between good & great? (posted by mom)

This week was great. We went on assistant exchanges. I always learn a lot from exchanges and always come away with a clear idea of how I can repent and improve.

I've been pondering the question what makes a good missionary great? Why was king David in his prime able to expand Israel's kingdom to such an enormous size? Why was Joseph of Egypt able to thrive in any situation? Servitude, prison, second only to pharaoh? What's the difference in a good companionship and a great one? What makes a good district great?

I feel that it has to do something with love, prayer, diligence, desire, and attitude. I plan to continue studying and praying about this, and I plan to listen with my spiritual ears at Zone Conference to find the answers.

Right now, we still have the Chen Baba on board. He is so good. We meet with him 3-4 times a week. He has time in the evening so sometimes we stop by and sometimes we meet at the church. He knows the bishop and has a really good member friend Li Dixiong. We are excited about him. He works at a slower pace, but he makes the right decisions and when he is committed, he does it. He still needs a little time. We know he will make the right decision.

I love that God always blesses us when we make sacrifices to overcome bad habits. When someone stops smoking--God fills that hole with a testimony so perfect and pure. They are filled with spiritual strength. When someone abandons a sexual sin, virtue and spirit will quickly fill that hole. When someone sacrifices to come to church, their life aligns--spiritually and temporally. When someone digs a hole in their wallet to pay tithing, it's filled with a feeling of divine protection and security--this person will be filled with a deep commitment to God and his church.

Life's great, I love my companion, and I love the work. I love the people. I feel as though we walk with God.

I know miracles are possible; I know hundreds could be baptized here in Douliu.
We are working hard and the Lord is blessing us.

Love, Elder Harris