Monday, April 25, 2011

Partaking the Sacrament (posted by mom)

I have a new companion, Elder Carter. It is an interesting situation. We are both Senior companions. He will be taking my place here in GangShan. So we have 2 weeks together to get him used to the area.

I recently read a talk about remembering Christ--it suggested we adequately prepare to partake of the sacrament. I realized I often find myself waiting for someone outside the chapel during the sacrament time or feel anxious about investigators coming when I take the sacrament.

This last week I was determined to make a change. Before I went to church, I said a personal prayer to prepare myself. I felt a special peace during the sacrament. It was nice. This feeling helped me resolve some worries I had and gave me renewed confidence for the future.