Sunday, January 31, 2010

Arrived in TAIWAN!!

I got to give out a Book of Mormon on our trip to Taiwam. It was to a Chinese man from Brazil. It was fun to talk to him. He speaks 4 languages.

It was cool to get to the mission home and to see that President Hoer and his wife really are as awesome as they were made out to be. The kind of people you could be seeing in the middle of the Conference Ensign in a few years. They've lived in Asia for 20+ years! I was glad to get here and have the mission spirit be as strong, if not stronger than it was at the MTC. The spirit of the missions is "There's a Way - Anything is Possible" (you ban fa). Even more than that, I was excited to see that the spirit truely is in the heart of the missionaries and in the heart of my companion. The Hoers fed us well! They gave us some trainings. Then they had us go to a night market and we got to get up on a box and preach to the people there. It's called "Dan Jones Night" (he was a powerful missionary in the early days of the church). We spent the rest of the time going throughout the night market contacting people.

I am serving in XiHu. It is about a rural of a place as Taiwan gets (yet there are sitll people to talk to everywhere). My companion is Elder Porter. We've been spending most of our time finding. I'm starting to feel more confident in finding. It's a lot easier when you keep the perspective our life's purpose. There are prepared people here! To sort out the willing from the unwilling, we set a baptismal date the first time we meet with people.

I want to let you know I'm loving this. I feel like I've been here for a long time.

One of my favorite times of the day is personal study. Finding scriptures to share, talking with God, self evaluating, setting goals, and receiving inspiration.

I know that I'm in good hands--God's, the Hoer's, and my companion has got my back.

I love you all so much. The church is true. There is real power in keeping our covenants, living by gospel principles, losing ourselves in the service of God, and in trusting in the Lord.

No comments: