Monday, February 15, 2010

Teaching English Classes

This past week we went on exchanges with the Assistants to the President. They have so much enthusiasm for the work!

We had a lot of success on the eve of the Chinese New Year. Many of the people in Taiwan have a home evening together as a family on that night. I saw so many people smiling, having fun, radiating love in their homes. The church teaches us that we can have that experience every monday night with the Family Home Evening program.

I have been asked to be the Engligh Leader. This means I train missionaries for 30 minutes on how to teach effectively, then for an hour I teach advanced Engligh. Sometimes I get to share a spiritual thought at the end of of class. Most of the teaching is done in Chinese. This assignment is a stretch for me because it is so not who I am. I prepare and then go and do my best. It is scary but it is going okay.

There are 4 elders in my apartment and English never happens. Two of the elders are Taiwanese and my companion's Chinese is REALLY good. This situation is really helping my language skills. I am able to hear and speak more than I thought I would be able to do. However, I still can't say and hear all that I would like. I believe in the gift of tongues.

I am having fun. I'm loving the work. I love you all!

No comments: