Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Companion (posted by mom)

Today is move-call day. My companion, Elder Hofhiens, is going to be a Zone Leader in Jiayi. I'm staying here in Dakeng. My new companion is Elder Zheng. He will be the district leader. I'm excited, and a little worried because I'm the one who knows the area and so a lot of things that need to be done and remembered are now my responsibilty.

This last week we had a power week. That means we were out the door at 9:30am and back in the door at 9:30 to 10:00pm. We really wanted to set this area up for success this next move call. We also had a tripanionship for 3 days. It was a fun, powerful week!

One of our investigators is named Zhang. He his homeless and stays under a bridge. He has committed to find a job. He is living the word of wisdom. He loves reading the Book of Mormon. He loves the gospel. One of our new members is taking him to church every week.

My testimony of prayer is being strengthened. There is so little we can do without the help of our Heavenly Father. We are all mortal, and our ability to do good is limited. However through prayer and effort, He can help us become more humble, patient, and loving, etc.

I love you all, Elder Spencer Harris