Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baptisms and a Move Call (Posted by mom)

This week, I was in a tri-panionship with none other than...... ELDER GLUCH (my friend from Orem)!! It was fun, really fun. He kept me company as I packed on the day before move call. We had a great time and it is a memory I want to keep forever.

Our two baptisms this week went really well. The 11 year old is so solid. As we were meeting with him in the days leading up to his baptism, we asked him why Joseph Smith is important, and he, with out hesitancy, said "Because of the Great Apostacy." He has an understanding. I know the spirit has really confirmed to him the truth of the gospel and helped him learn because he was willing to read and pray. When he was bearing his testimony after his baptism, he said: "I'm really afraid of water, but as I was about to be baptized, I felt that God was with me."

The other baptism, Jiang, arrived just as the meeting was ready to start. Satan was working on him, but he came anyway. What a great act of faith. He has really found the comfort that comes from the gospel. The Elder's Quorum President has befriended him.

Every one's experience is different, --from the 11 year old who was really excited to be baptized and overcame the fear of water, to the 35 year old who just broke up with his girlfriend and put his faith in God to the point that he was willing to accept the ordinance of baptism.

Oh how I love this work!! God is a gracious God. He loves his children and blesses them according to His tender mercies.

I am now in DoLiu and am a senior companion, I wasn't ready for that. I am very aware of my own weaknesses. The Holy Ghost is going to be our senior companion.

My Junior companion is great. He is fluent in Chinese. His mom is from taiwan and his dad is a former Taibei missionary. He is from Orem too and went to Mountian View. He loves the people and wants to help them know the chruch is true.

I testify that it is through Jesus Christ that we can be healed spiritually. (And physically, for that matter.) This is what want to share with people. This is a truth that can only be felt and understood by the power of the Holy Ghost. When this happens a light comes to the eyes, a smile to the face, and humility is instilled in the heart. That is what a mission is about.

I love all of you. Elder Spencer Harris

No comments: