Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baptize Brother Lin! (posted by mom)

President Bishop called me up and gave us the assignment to baptize brother Lin. Brother Lin is not a member but is married to a member in our ward. He got to talk to Elder Perkins (Area 70 presidency member for Asia) and he was touched. When Elder Perkins talked about his dad's conversion story (converting at an old age) his heart was touched and he felt the spirit. I know that Brother Lin, is being prepared. Elder Siebert and I prayed for a chance to share the gospel with him and a special experience happened. We tracted into their home and were able to have a good conversation with him. (We usually never go tracting. The first time we went, we knocked doors until it was time to go home -- unknowingly we stopped the house right before the Lin family. We felt that we needed to go back tracting that area and finally we got time do it. The first house we knocked was their home.)

I so love this work, it is truly divine and inspired. It is the work of God. I still have over a year left of my mission, but I feel that the time is far spent.

Love you all, Elder Harris

No comments: