Sunday, August 29, 2010

The meaning of "GO!" & "16 Stones" (posted by mom)

I got a surprising phone call this week, President Bishop called to let me know that I would be a trainer this move call. It's pretty crazy. I feel like I was just trained yesterday. There is quite a few missionaries coming in recently and so leadership opportunities are coming up really fast.

I don't feel like I have been trained fully in all the aspects of missionary work, but I have been trained completely in one aspect: "GO!"

I remember asking my mom when I was really young what the shortest sentence was, and she said, "GO!" This word is synonymous for missionary work - - probably one of the best words that describes what it is we do. I hope my new companion will understand "GO!" before these 6 weeks are up.

At Stake Conference President Huang talked about the brother of Jared. He made 16 stones right at the beginning and then took them up the mountain. He didn't do one and see if it worked, then make the other 15. He had the faith to make all 16, and carry them in is hands to the top of the mountain. "He prepared them to be touched by the finger of the Lord."--Huang Huizhang

This is my move call motto: "16 Stones". I don't know about 16 people being baptized, but Elder Gillespie and I are going to put forth the effort to prepare the stones in advance so that they can be touched and enlightened/illuminated by the finger of the Lord. I hope that as we put forth the faith this move call we, as the brother of Jared, will unveil the power of the Lord and behold his glory.

I love this work, and I am so grateful for the time I get to serve in douliu and I'm really grateful for a worthy, obedient, diligent companion. Miracles are waiting to happen this move call.

Thank you for all you do. Love, Elder Harris

No comments: