Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Transfer to GangShan (posted by mom)

Today I've spent most of the day moving!! I am now in Gangshan in Gaoxiong. It is kind of like DouLiu--a small town with surrounding areas that we take care of. Although being new I am a district leader with a full district.

The other day I thought about the time I've spent in Douliu. I had one of those tender mercies this week. - - it was a clear recollection of my time in Douliu. I felt God’s love for the people there, and of His love for me – I felt His approval of the work we did there. I am grateful for my time in Douliu. While there I developed a greater understanding of God - - His timing is perfect and He has a plan for each of us. In that moment I also had the realization I still have a lot of work left to do and much is still expected.

Last week my companions and I worked really hard and added 113 investigators. (That includes Huwei's and Douliu's adds--we spent time in both places and strived to build both areas.)

I'm excited for this new place and new people. I'm excited for this new start in this new year. My new companion seems to really want to do the right things and work hard. We've already talked about goals we want to work toward as a companionship.

I hear good things about the ward here. I also see many families on the street. I am excited to serve here in Gangshan.

Love, Elder Spencer Harris