Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fourth Week: Snow!

Probably the most interesting part (of this week) was the snow and I'm sure you know about that already. It's funny though because my companion is from Sacramento, and I guess it never snows there. He, unknowingly, tells me all the interesting little things he learns about the snow--stuff I never really thought of--It's fun.

I got sick this week and I thought I was going to die. About wednesday I got a really bad sore throat and by friday it was REALLY bad and I started getting a fever and feeling really tired. So we went to the health center and they had just closed. The Elders from my district gave me a blessing. I'm feeling much better now.

Hai you shenme?... (one more thing)

Our companionship had two very awesome teaching experiences again. I feel very blessed. In one of them the missionary we were teaching played the part of a friend he had who was going through some struggles. We talked about how the Atonement could help him and we read Alma 7:11-12 (i'm pretty sure that's what we read.) anyway it talks about how the Savior took upon himself the pains, sins, and afflictions of the world so he could know how to succor us. Then as my companion and I testified and told our investigator of our love, the spirit was SO strong! For the closing prayer, the missionary gave a real prayer for his friend. Every one was crying.

Something I remember from President Eyring's last conference talk is that he said, "Love of God enables us to obey his commandments, love for others increases our capacity to obey." Think of how much love Jesus Christ has for us in order to to obey God's commandment to atone for the sins of the world! I think it was his love for each of us that allowed his mortal body to withstand the pains of the Atonement.

I know this church is God's true Church, and this gospel is the source of true joy.

with love,
elder harris

No comments: